DUTCH LANGUAGE COURSES IN BANGALORE
Dutch language, also called Netherlandic or Dutch Nederlands, in Belgium called Flemish or Flemish Vlaams, a West Germanic language that is the national language of the Netherlands and, with French and German, one of the three official languages of Belgium. Although speakers of English usually call the language of the Netherlands “Dutch” and the language of Belgium “Flemish,” they are actually the same language.
- The Wilhelmus is the oldest national anthem in the world
- Some 87 percent of Dutch people speak English
- The Netherlands is literally a low country
- Cycling in the Netherlands is the safest in the world
- The Dutch eat the most liquorice in the world
- Dutch artists are world famous like Van Gogh, Vermeer and Rembrandt
- The Dutch were first to develop Fairtrade certification
- gin and coffee were invented by the Dutch
- The first country to legalise same sex marriages in 2001
- 70% of the world's bacon comes from Netherlands
- The Dutch are the tallest in the world
- A person drinks on average 74 litres of beer a year in the Netherlands
- The Dutch are the world's biggest coffee drinkers after the Scandinavians
- It is the largest exporter of cheese in the world
- 86% of the population speak English as a second language
- The microscope, the telescope, pendulum clock and the mercury thermometer are inventions by the Dutch
At a Glance
Nederlanders or the Dutch are native to the Netherlands. The Netherlands, is known for its canals, tulip fields, windmills and cycling routes. They have the highest population density of any countries in Europe. The Netherlands has two capitals : Amsterdam and The Hague
They are the pioneers of capitalism, secularism and a free market. The Netherlands have the highest level of foreign direct investment per capita in the world. The dominant religion here is Christianity. Dutch is the main language spoken here, it is the third Germanic language. Official languages are Dutch, Frisian, Papiamento.
The climate here is moderate maritime climate, with cool summers and mild winters, and typically high humidity. shipping, fishing, agriculture, trade, and banking have been leading sectors of the Dutch economy. Their main exports being fresh cut plants, flowers and flower bulbs.they also export tomatoes and apples. Football is the most popular sports along with hockey and volley ball. Dutch cuisine is simple with dairy products. It is renowned for its many rich pastries, soups, stews and vegetable dishes. It was ranked as the country with the most nutritious, plentiful and healthy food comparing to 125 countries.